In response to the latest government guidance, the Castleton Tennis Club Committee is pleased to reopen the courts for use of members on the understanding that guidelines provided by the LTA are followed at all times. A summary of these guidelines is provided below. The committee will monitor the use of the court to ensure its accordance with these guidelines and, if it deems necessary, will close the courts again.
- The pavilion will remain closed and will only be accessed by the committee if required for operational reasons
- The net has been set at the appropriate height and winder removed. No attempt to adjust the height of the net should be made.
- It is not possible for the club to provide hand-washing facilities or hand sanitizer. Users of the court should bring their own hand sanitizer with them and public health guidelines for hygiene should be followed.
- Activity on the court is limited to no more than two people (unless players are from the same household)
- No extra-curricular or social activity may take place on or around the court
- Avoid changing ends or change at opposite sides of the net
- If the court is in use on arrival, allow others to leave before you enter and maintain social distancing (‘2m rule’) at all times
- Only handle your own equipment
- Do not play or visit the court if you are self-isolating